In the past 2 months, CSI Professionals has started to collaborate with its partner companies on how to work with current staffing, team restructuring, and even the possibility of RE-HIRING new interns and other positions. The goal is to stay pro-active during this tumultuous time, but with strict compliance on safety regulations. The aim is to KEEP PEOPLE, not ELIMINATE them.
In just a few short months, the Covid pandemic has changed the lives of people around the world. In the US, this has led to categorizations of “essential workers” and established a work method of “Work-From-Home-Remote” as well as rising unemployment of over a million in LA County alone. In the past month and a half, more than 30 million people have filed for unemployment. As a result, a Recession is expected to continue into 2021 and the “great depression” is here.
Due to the stay-at-home orders, many find themselves working from home on their dining tables or beds. For some workers, this may be for the long haul.Small businesses struggle to move forward despite restrictions slowly lifting. CNBC asked futurists, employment experts, CEO’s, designers, and more to find out what may possibly occur in the coming months:
- Alternate Work-from-home remote and In-office work may be the new normal
- Work meetings could be replaced by emails, IM, and Zoom/Webcam Meetings
- Business travel may end
- Office buildings can become conference centers
- Mandatory on-the-job medical screening could become the norm
- Social distancing may encourage more eye contact and smiles; therefore, coworkers may become closer.
- Face masks can become a fashion piece or statement
- Standard 9-5 office hours can be replaced by more flexible schedules
- More home office stipends
- The workplace could become more equitable for women
- Middle management positions could be cut forever
- Futuristic technology (i.e. Robots) could come sooner
- There could be an increased demand to close the digital divide
Through weekly Web Interview sessions and Job/Internship assistance, CSI will help the public re-build a stronger workforce and be an integral part of these possible adjustments to be made and how challenges/changes will allow us to thrive. In these trying times, we need to rely on hope. This is the new normal.
For Upcoming Employment & US Immigration Seminars and Info Sessions, please Follow us:
*(Please note that while these are information gathered on current news; this is reinforced by our opinion and may not be construed as a form of advice)*